When mentally putting together their dream home after watching their favourite architecture or home renovation TV show, few people‘s thoughts about windows would extend much beyond wanting to frame views, or perhaps wanting to maximise natural light. Most people are unaware of the various advantages and disadvantages associated with the various window types.
Whilst some things are common to all window types, like keeping rain out and letting light in, the variety of window designs commonly used in Asia have a number of differences in the benefits that they will bring to your building.[table “130” not found /]
1. Casement windows, like louvre windows, allow ventilation through virtually the entire window area, so deliver very good ventilation. Casement windows are also popular for their ability to funnel in air traveling virtually parallel to the outside wall. This same benefit can also result in breezes running in the opposite direction being blocked from entering through the casement window.
2. Altair Louvre Windows are the only window type which can offer good ventilation at any shape. For example, when tall and narrow or short and wide.
3. Altair Powerlouvre Windows can also be controlled by the award winning Apptivate Control Unit which allows automatic control in response to temperatures and timers and remote control via compatible smartphones. For more information click through to the Powerlouvre page.
4. Windows in bathrooms need to deliver a combination of privacy and ventilation. All windows can have obscure glass (read more about Louvres in Bathrooms here) with a frosted appearance. But obscure glass is of no use when a window is opened wide to flush steamy air out of the bathroom.
To maintain privacy, bathroom windows can be opened very slightly. With Altair Louvre Windows, opening them very slightly maintains privacy while delivering reasonable ventilation due to the openings created on both sides of every blade. All other window types only have a single opening and so deliver very little ventilation when only opened enough to maintain privacy.
5. Altair Louvre Windows are the only louvre windows which can be easily screened to the outside of the window. To view more on screening, please visit www.breezway.co.id/altair-louvre-options/screens-and-bars/